US West Coast: California Wheelin’
One of our most popular tours, cyclist dreams do come true on this magnificent stretch of the Pacific Coast!
We rendezvous in Seattle, and after a day spent exploring this cultural and musical gem of a city, a transfer brings us to Astoria at the mouth of the mighty Columbia River where our 1200 km adventure begins. The Oregon coast is tremendously diverse, and the vistas are breathtaking. Our route climbs and descents along the winding roads, following a rugged shoreline. With a prevailing tailwind, the miles of spectacular scenery including historic lighthouses, craggy coastal pines, and sheer rock formations rising out of the ocean, fly by. Oregon’s deserted sandy beaches are endless, whales, dolphins and other sea life sightings are common, and the sunsets right out of picture books.
We are welcomed to California with a ride through awe-inspiring Redwood forests on roads shaded by the world’s oldest trees, towering high into the sky. After leaving these dense ancient forests, we head for the sublime Russian River Valley to spend a few well-earned days sampling wine and enjoying incredible cuisine. Well-fed and pampered, we return to the coast to ride the dramatic and wind-swept Point Reyes Peninsula, and then on into Marin County, birthplace of mountain biking, and within view of the ‘City by the Bay.’ Biking over the Golden Gate Bridge into San Francisco is our final treat – a fitting ‘grand finale’ to yet another unforgettable ride.
Our price includes:
- 20 nights B&B accommodation in high-end boutique lodges and hotels
- Healthy, delicious on-route lunch each day for 20 days plus snacks and non-alcoholic drinks
- All transfers in our comfortable 12-seater van, which also serves as a support vehicle each day
- Transport of luggage and bicycles in our well-equipped bicycle trailer
- Fees to National Parks
- All ferry and transportation costs
- Our personalized and friendly service
|Custom Tour Dates Upon Request|
|Subject to agreed upon dates|