Fifteen years running, and the Tour Transalp continues to impress us as the most professionally run amateur stage race that we attend. Little known outside of Europe, this race continues to be our biggest race event simply due to word of mouth – once you’ve done it, you realize that this experience is as close to feeling like a fully supported pro races as you can get!
Starting south of Munich the route leads a field of international riders over the toughest mountain passes of Austria, Switzerland, and Italy, to the shores of Lake Garda in northern Italy. With a total distance of approximately 900 km and nearly 20,000 meters of climbing, the course follows famous mountain roads raced on in the Tour d’Italia, Tour de France and Tour of Germany.
Racing in teams of two, competitors regularly speak of the incredible camaraderie experienced during the race, and over the years, TTA has become so popular that the 650 team spots usually fill within days of registration opening. Thanks to the strong relationship that Magic Places enjoys with the German organizers, we are able to secure a limited number of entries for our customers.
We have been with TTA since the very first race, so our guides fully understand the rigors imposed on our athletes, provide you with unparalleled team support to ensure that your TTA experience is as incredible as the mountains you race through. The service will take care of all the logistics surrounding the event to ensure that you as a competitor can focus entirely on the race and the important recovery between the stages.
“I just wanted to tell you what an outstanding job you did for us. I know that I speak for everyone when I say that you are an awesome host, and the value you brought to our group was incredible.” -Trevor Linden, participant 2009/2012/20
Our price includes:
- Race registration and entry fee, including all services provided by the organizer
- Airport pickup and drop off
- Transport of bike cases and equipment from start to finish
- All transfers in Europe during the 9 days
- 9 nights accommodation in 3 and 4-star lodges and inns including breakfast
- Two support vehicles during the race, including baggage transport and mechanical support
- Professional quality Magic Places race jersey and bib shorts
- Tour Transalp finisher jersey
- A very personal, friendly and professional service by the ‘Magic Places’ support team
|June 23 – July 2, 2017|