From a Berber tent camp amidst the rolling dunes of the Western Sahara to the spectacular kasbah ruins of Morocco’s ancient kingdoms, our 8-day tour captures the beauty and magic of a route that calls from an age of kings and caravans.
Starting at the edge of the vast and desolate Saharah desert, our 350 km route follows the centuries old trade route along the sinuous Draa River, carving it’s way through ochre gorges and lush oases before turning north at the iconic kasbah of Ait Benhaddou, and winding through the tranquil Ounila Valley, finishing at the ancient ruins of the Kasbah Telouet.
- Spend the night beneath a blanket of stars in a private Berber tent camp amidst 300m sand dunes.
- Ride along the storied Draa river dotted with date palm oases and turreted pink ksour and casbahs.
- Explore the stunningly elaborate kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou, made famous in Lawrence of Arabia.
- Ride the picturesque Ounila Valley, viewing cliff dwellings, terraced orchards, and crumbling agadirs.
- Wander the bizarre labyrinth of Kasbah Telouet, one of the the most extrodinary sights in the Atlas.
Our price includes:
- 2.5-hour one-way flight from Casablanca (CMN) to Zagora (OZG) on April 16th;
- Professional Magic Places riding guide and experienced Morrocan driver and cultrual guide;
- 7 nights accommodations (25-31 March, 2018) at boutique lodges and hotels;
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, and 6 dinners;
- On-course vehicle support (Feeling tired? Hop aboard!);
- All entry fees to historical sites and tours;
- All bike, luggage and personal transfers during the tour;
- 1 set of Magic Places professional-grade cycling bibs and jersey;
- Your choice of Giant TCX Cross or Giant Revolt Hybrid high performance rental bike;
- Our friendly and attentive customer service;
|March 25 – April 1, 2018|
|$4130.00 (based on double occupancy. Single room supplement available upon request)|