Colombia: Coffee, Culture, and Climbs!
Over the past two years, Colombia has exploded onto the world stage as the latest ‘must ride’ destination, and our strong relationship with one of the most influential figures in Colombia’s cycle tourism scene allows us to present a cycling holiday that distills the very best of Colombian cycling into eight incredible days.
We base our rides in the Antioquera region of Northern Colombia, commonly referred to the ‘land of eternal Spring,’ owing to it’s consistently perfect riding climate, and let there be no mistake that riding in Colombia means climbing! With the towering Andes mountains looming above, each of our seven riding days will involve climbing, but at a reasonable pace that allows us to take in the stunning landscapes of coffee plantations, picturesque mountain villages, and endless vistas. As it’s the off-season for pro cyclists, we commonly meet pros such as Rigoberto Uran and Carlos Bettancur on our rides who happily tag along with us, eager to share their beautiful country with visitors.
Our eight-day itinerary includes a rest-day spent on city bikes for a guided exploration of the cultural oasis of Medellin, where we will tour vibrant ‘favelas’ – communes perched high atop steep walls, and where we will enjoy the flavours and delicacies unique to Medellin in a delicious catered feast. Accommodations for the tour are in keeping with Magic Places high standards – boutique hotels, coffee plantation haciendas, and expansive country estancias, all beautiful and uniquely Colombian.
If you’re looking for a shake-up to your regular winter training camp that combines beautiful roads through big mountains with a rich cultural experience in a country that has a fascinating recent history, then Colombia is for you!
Are you ready for the ride of your life?
Our price includes:
- 7 guided training rides (75-120km and 1200-2500m climbing) with ex-pro Colombian guide
- 8 Nights accommodation: boutique hotels and luxury haciendas
- Breakfasts, 3 gourmet team dinners, and all ride nutrition
- All ground transportation including ride support vehicle
- All bike servicing including 2 standard tune-ups
- Rest day activities including coffee plantation tour, Medellin city-bike tour, and Favela cable-car cultural tour
- Set of professional-grade Magic Places bib shorts and jersey
|February 11-19, 2017|