Belgium: Where Beer and Bikes Unite!
You’re Invited on a Pilgrimage.
Magic Places has the distinct pleasure of announcing the inaugural Magic Places Brews and Bikes Tour to the mecca of all that is hops and cycling – Belgium.The first in a series of annual tours celebrating the world’s iconic brewing regions, the Belgium tour seeks to kick off this series in grand style.
A departure from our regular trips, our Brews and Bikes tours focus on visiting regions of the world known for amazing beer and superb riding. We’ve thrown together a rough list of criteria that will help you decide if this is the right tour for you. Do you possess:
- A proven ability to laugh, socialize and ride with other like-minded folk?
- A love of the finer things in life – namely beer?
- The ability to ride whilst taking a ribbing from your fellow tour-mates for the exploits of the evening before?
- Proven storytelling ability (the more grandiose, the better)?
- More bikes than children?
- A general propensity to have fun, be a bit of a kid, and enjoy life?
If you answer ‘yes’ to the majority of these questions, then this is the tour for you!
You’ll be collected at the Bussels airport and transported to Brugge, arguably the most awesome city in Europe and home to more breweries that Seattle has Starbucks. A gastronomic paradise, Brugge is the perfect base for daily rides to some of the best surrounding breweries and return each afternoon to wind down with the lads over post-ride pints, dinner, story-telling, and general piss-taking.
As cyclocross is akin to religion in Belgium, we’ll throw in a visit to one of these nutter races during our trip. If you haven’t seen the mayhem that is Belgian cyclocross, your cycling education in incomplete!
After 4 days of rides to various iconic breweries Brugge, we’ll take a rest day, jump in the van and spend the day visiting Orval, Chimay, and Rochefort – arguably the three most famous breweries on the planet. After we pour you all back into the van, we’ll head to the medieval walled city of Ypres, base for our second set of rides.
Three days of riding will see us visiting some of the gems of S Belgium, promising more incredible routes, tasty brews, and delicious meals. For our final ride, we leave Ypres, heading for Brussels and our final brewery destination, 130km distant. A final team dinner culminates our pilgrimage, given you all the opportunity to profess your riding prowess and power of beer consumption to your admiring teammates.
Our price includes:
- 8 nights boutique accommodation in classic Belgian grand hotels
- A hearty breakfast each morning
- Airport – hotel transfers to/from Brussels airport, including bike transport and hotel transfers
- Magic Places professional quality custom cycling jersey and bib shorts
- Our outstanding professional and friendly service
|8 – 16 October, 2016|